On-Line Registration with the Practice
On-line registration is a quick way to getting registered with us. Sadly, it cannot completely replace the need for you to attend in person as we are required to check your identity and to verify your address by seeing some form of ID (see below). However, we hope it will speed up the process for busy people.
On-line registration involves 3 easy steps:
1. Follow this link to our on-line registration form. Complete all the details carefully. PLEASE NOTE: your 'Home Address' is the address at which you are living in Birmingham. This is the address where we will visit you if you are sick and the address to which we will write if we need to contact you. We regret that we cannot accept a 'mail only' or 'care of' address. When you have completed the form in full, click 'SEND' to e-mail it directly to us.
2. Next follow this link to our on-line questionnaire. Please remember to fill in your e-mail address and mobile telephone number if you have them; these are very useful if we need to contact you urgently or invite you for a special event, e.g. flu clinic. When you have completed this form in full, click 'SEND' to e-mail it directly to us.
3. Finally, follow this link if you wish to consent to use of our text messaging service. This enables us to send confirmation and reminders of appointments to your mobile phone. We can also send you invitations for special services, e.g. flu immunisation, NHS Health Checks etc. if you are eligible. You may also arrange with our doctors to receive test results by this method. There is no charge for this service. When you have completed this form in full, click 'SEND' to e-mail it directly to us.
To confirm and activate your registration:
Simply drop into the surgery to activate your registration. To do this, we will ask you to:
- Sign the registration form you have submitted
- EITHER hand to us your current NHS medical card (this will be retained and a new one will be sent to you by Birmingham Shared Services Agency)
- OR provide us with photographic proof of your identity, e.g. student ID card, passport, photographic driving licence etc.
- AND provide proof of your address (e.g. utility bill information, mortgage confirmation, tenancy agreement)
We do not need proof of address if you are resident at The Maltings, IQ Five or Queens Hospital Close.
Please note that if you were born outside the UK, are an overseas visitor and/or have not previously had access to UK NHS health care we will need you also to bring your passport to show us.
We are required to inform you that by sending these forms electronically you will be transmitting information about yourself across the Internet and although every effort is made to keep this information secure, no guarantee can be offered in this respect.
If you do not wish to send your information by e-mail, alternatively you may print off a registration form here, fill it out and bring it in with you when you come to register with our practice.
Once you have completed these steps your registration with Bath Row Medical Practice will be 'live' and we will be able to gain access to your previous health records.